View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 07:44 AM   #124
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I don't at all appreciate the insinuation that I'm "ignorant."

But, to be more civil to you than you've been to me and answer your question, I think there are plenty of situations where people are assholes in a way that has nothing to do with race. I also think this situation clearly wasn't one of them.

Again, if a 30-year-old white dude steps out of that car, the situation probably goes down differently. That's just common sense, as much as it's common sense to say that the Rodney King beatings probably don't go down like that if it's a white guy who steps out of that car.

If it is just common sense to you that things go down different if he is white then I think that you have some prejudices you need to figure out. And if you assume it is different because cops are prejudice, then are you willing to say all cops are racist? I don't see why this is so clearly a race issue to you. The only evidence we have to support it was one party was white, one was black and thier was an injustice.

and Flacco, I have had run ins with Police on several occasions where I gave them no reason to stop me. Did you know there are over 2,000 vehicular violations for which a police officer may stop your vehicle? Have you never violated one? The issue I am concerned with is abuse of power. White, black, orange, blue, the crux of the problem is still that this officer abused his power, and he is not the only officer who acts in such a manner.