View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 12:25 AM   #6
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Felton will get the full mid-level from someone, at least. He's really improving. Too bad we didn't pull off that trade for him. Damp expires after next season and will be THE most valuable contract at the next trade deadline(if we haven't traded him by then). I'm hoping we've made all of our major moves before then for the sake of team chemistry. If we keep Kidd we need to put a good defender next to him. So Redd would be a gamble-injury wise and he's not a lockdown defender by any means. In another post i suggested Marion/Artest should be our primary mid-level/sign and trade targets. Our team w/out Stack, Marquis, Devin, even Adrian Griffen! can't create mismatches on offense. If we had another offensive talent to play alongside Josh(Artest, Marion, Jefferson)we could punish teams in the post. Not to mention a Center like Kaman who can score down low. It would make Dirk, Jet, Kidd more effective as shooters. We can't drive and kick and we can't post and kick. And it's killing us. That and we need a couple of tough defensive minded guys. That kind of effort is contagious. It's not rocket science. We just happen to be fans of a franchise run by short sighted, poor evaluators of talent. Seemingly always two steps behind. Trading Devin before firing Avery. Yikes... I love Cuban in many ways but he's almost TOO loyal. There are guys on this board i'd rather have as GM. And no i'm not kidding. I mean we were all happy to have Diop back for sentimental reasons but wouldn't have making an offer to Azubuike, C.J. Miles, J.R. Smith or Matt Barnes made way more sense. We might have gotten 2 of them for the price of Diop! I hope they get it together.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote