View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 12:18 PM   #2
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Shaq's contract expires next year, and next year is also Dampier's last year of guarenteed contract (The 2010 - 2011 he has no guarantee) which essentially makes him expiring as well?

I think getting Shaq would make Kidd stick around. Considering that Dallas has nobody other than Dirk/JET/Howard when he feels like it who can really score on a regular basis, I think there we would be no problem giving Shaq a huge piece of the offense. Dirk and Shaq don't really play in eachother's space, so they are a very compatible PF/C combination. I'd rather have a 37 year old Shaq who gives 20 points a night and rebounds than a Dampier who usually ends up on the bench and we end up playing Bass as center. Even if Shaq runs out of steam, he'd bring more to the table the Dampier does on average (Dampier occasionally has really good nights).
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote