Thread: Golf Help
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 09:15 PM   #29
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by left texas View Post
I have tried using some nice woods as I stated, but with no luck. I guess if I just broke down and bought one and used it, I could get it to work. But, what I have is working (at least for me) and I am kind of a salty old dog, and don't like change.

I have been thinking about trying a hybrid, as I see the new sets of clubs include these instead of a two and a three iron. Is it more like hitting a wood or an iron? I usally like to hit irons in the fairway, as I almost always hit them straight.
On the hybrids, they really do feel exactly what they are, which is a mix between a wood and an iron. To me, the head shape does a lot to influence my perception of the club. There are hybrids that look like just a fat iron, and there are hybrids like my CGB that look more like a wood. However, they are generally much closer to the corresponding iron in terms of length than they are to the corresponding wood. So, you are probably going to swing them just like you swing the irons.

What they will do is give you the same distance with less effort and also promote a higher ball flight. Of course, I'm not always looking for that higher ball flight, which is a rub with the clubs. But when I am...oh, baby, those hybrids are nice.

On the drivers...I think it's really more about the shaft than anything else. But I will agree with you that one can get used to anything and figure out how to use it effectively.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote