Thread: LOST: SEASON 5
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 09:02 AM   #807
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I think we can all agree on the over-all greatness of this mythology heavy episode, but a few things stick out in my mind...

Ben doesn't remember that they were in the DHARMA initiative? Oh how convenient...That is SO WEAK. SO WEAK. Unbelievably weak. What a freaking cop out. Boooooo. Boooo to Cuse and Lindelof for that. I do not approve.

What a fascinating study in Ben this episode was. He was all over the place. Every scene had him contradicting things he said in the last one. I couldn't tell if he really thought Locke was coming back to life or not, if he wanted to help Locke or to kill him...he started Cesar against Locke...then stole his gun...then shot Cesar...then apparently was going to kill Locke again...and am I supposed to believe that Ben's going to stop trying to kill Locke now?

Actually...what IS Ben going to do now?

I think what he ended up telling Sun was close(ish) to the truth...I think he was really freaked out by the fact that Locke was resurrected.

Where are The Others?

So John just "knows" things now, huh? That was kind of cool. It was especially cool seeing Ben annoyed at that fact.

Widmore said he spent 20 years trying to get back to the island and the island wouldn't let him. So why did it let Ben? This episode certainly blurred the line on Widmore for me...I don't know what to make of him now and his involvement in all of this.

That Widmore wanted to kill Rousseau and Alex, and Ben wanted to keep them alive was the opposite of what I would have expected. It seems neither of them are nice men and this really is just a power struggle over the island. I hope there's more to it than that.