View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 06:16 PM   #73
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Well....

It's been said for several weeks (deadline and beyond) that if Dallas wasn't a player at the deadline, they'll have their same assets and even more to play with in the offseason. Owners are going to want to unload in a big way, the problem is that there won't be a lot of buyers. At the time, I was about 90-95% sure Cuban would walk the walk when the time was necessary...I'm still pretty sure about that.

I can see that plan in motion where Shaq could be seen as a "2nd tier" kind of move...that by no means makes it a consolation prize, you're still better off than you were before. We know Cuban is an ambitious guy, so he's going to try to use the sitatution to his best advantage and see what he can do with the market this summer.

The normal guys will be in play: VC, Jefferson, Chandler, and Shaq. On top of that I really think there will be some guys who will be major players that will be let loose and will be available: Bosh, Gay, maybe even CP3 if the situation is THAT dire in NO.

Either way, I think Dallas is in a major position of strength this summer and that Cuban will be able to revamp the roster however he wishes to.