View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #92
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

Ok,

I am going to try and really work this one through
Free Agents -

RESTRICTED
Ryan Hollins

UNRESTRICTED
Brandon Bass
Devean George (P)
Gerald Green
Jason Kidd
James Singleton

I think that we try and keep Hollins, Bass, Kidd, Green, Singleton. That leaves us with only 1 open roster spot unless we manage a 2 for 1 trade of some sort. We have a MLE, Bi-annual exception, and a draft pick. We somehow need to find a way to fit three players into one roster spot while also keeping in mind we prob don't want a rotation any deeper then 9 players on a regualr basis.

To look at a depth chart we would have

Kidd(if signed) / Barea
Wright/Jet/Green(if signed)/Carroll
Howard/Singleton(if signed)/Williams/Stack
Dirk/Bass(if signed)
Dampier/Hollins

We can Break our team into 4 tiers I think. Tier A is the most expendable and players I think should be traded to aquire assets in the offseason.

We can consider Stack gone so that might throw a wrench into where we have needs but basically we need to look at which players here we truthfully would be willing to include in packages to other teams. I love Bass, but see more upside in Singleton with his shooting range(Obviously this would have to be a sign and trade). Carroll is expendable too and should be shopped with his contract being structured as it is. Then Shawne Williams is also very expenable witha contract that expires in 2010.

Tier A - Stack, Bass, Carroll, Williams

Tier B would be the players I would trade but only if the other team was asking strongly for these players to finish a deal.

This would be Green. I see a lot of upside here and again this would have to be a sign then trade. Singleton, if the other team desired him more then Bass. Wright because I see having upside and for 1.8 mil per yr a pretty affordale backup SG.

Tier B - Green, Bass, Wright

Tier C are players who I should be fixtures in a trade or players how have a cost benifit for us and should only be moved if something big can come in return.

Tier C is Howard because he is an all-star and has the ability to be a difference maker. Dampier because centers are hard to come by in this league and he has a favorable contract. Hollins because of his upside and his contract. Barea because he is a cheap Backup PG with some unique skills. This is where is gets harder. Kidd. This would be a tough sale because he probably doesn't reisgn just to be shipped off. If we re-sign him he is ours at least until the all-star break.

Tier C - Howard, Damp, Barea, Hollins, Kidd

Tier D are the players that would have to be included in a Trade for a franchise cornerstone.

Dirk is obviously at the top of this list, but I also included Terry in this List. his contract is not favorable for a trade and I think his ability to come off the bench and score and just do whatever the team asks is extremely undervalued. He (in my opinion) is the heart of this team.

Now I am sure there will be dis-agreements about who should and shouldn't be traded but let's use this as discussion foder. I will try and think about players who can be attained for these pieces later as I have wasted enough of my work day on this so far.

discuss.