View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 04:09 PM   #7
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Who's rights matter more?

Perpetrators (Terrorists, Criminals, Enemies, etc...) or Victims, Citizens, etc

Some things that are needed to be done in order to protect our freedom are not pretty and 99% of us would never do these things...but they are necessary.

If it's you who has to interview an enemy combatant, and you know that they have information which will protect Millions of lives...would you do whatever it takes to get that information out of the...or is protecting their civil rights worth the lives of Millions of people?

Transparency is good with boundaries. My wife knows everything about me...but neither she nor I, make it public knowledge...some things are simply not information that others need to know. We respect each others boundaries.

The same here...Top Secret information is Top Secret for a reason...it does not need to be shared with EVERYONE. Sure have some oversite into what is going on, but that information does not need to be revealed to everyone.

Think of it this way...If you're a CIA agent and you have to interogate someone...you've been ordered too...now, are you questioning those orders with the fear that what you do might become public information?

Most of us citizens don't support torture, but most of us have no understanding behind the scenes of war.

Sometimes, somepeople have a difficult job to do...interogations are not something I want to know more about, nor do I want certain groups removing the authority or power of those who serve in the CIA or other entities that protect America's freedoms and for the matter our very lives.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote