View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 02:08 PM   #66
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I have this weird feeling that the Spurs are going to completely lay an egg. Maybe I'm being a homer.

I sense a very winnable game here, too. How frustrating it must be for TP and to a smaller degree TD to dominate a series in 3 of 4 games like they did and still to be down 3:1. They were all fired up before game 4, looking to bounce back, left it all on the floor but it was not enough. Granted, for the most part that was because lack of support to that duo, but seriously, how could Pop motivate them and ask 'em to bring that kind of effort again, and again and then again. Because that's what they need to do if they wanna stand a chance to advance, and it's just the condition precedent, odds are still against them, even if they do. And Tony&Timmy already have proven it’s not their fault if the spurs are done after round one.

Now I’m sure Greg Popovich doesn’t like to be schooled by Rick Carlisle and I kind of expect him to get the best out of some of his scrubs tonight and maybe he’s finally willing to use that hill-kid a little more, giving TP some rest for the late game action without sucking at PG in the intermission.
But still, other than the “we’ve been here before” brave talk and their surficial denial it seems like that “egg’n’butter”spurs-duo already knows they are beaten and therefore, hopefully, won’t try too hard.

So, regarding the Mavs decent play in this series with some pretty capable guys still looking for their break-out game, I’m really looking forward to tonight’s game 5.
I expect a close game through three quarters with our Mavs discovering their killer-instinct early in the fourth. Just guessing, of course anything can happen.

Nonetheless, the one thing that unsettles me the most is the fact that all the Western first-round match-ups are facing early determination right now(Lakers vsUtah already over), and maybe the nba isn’t too happy as it probably expected some more games out of the ultra competitive Western Conference.

So Mavs better eliminate any doubts early. Go Mavs!!
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote