View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 03:28 PM   #140
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I cannot imagine Billups destroying the Mavs.. Kidd cannot guard the smaller PG's that get to where they're going extremely quickly. Sure, Billups might have a good series, but this is a much better matchup for Kidd defensively.

Now, Denver will offer a variety of issues that SA didn't. For one, the Mavs are going from being the more athletic team to being the less athletic team. At this point, I believe the Nuggets have better individual defenders than the Spurs as well.

But hell, the Nuggets could be a bad call from an official away from self-imploding. Kenyon Martin is always in danger of trying to kill someone on the court..he just hasn't been pushed quite over the edge.
I was just thinking that in general the Nuggets are on the edge of emotionally imploding. 'Melo was third in the league in technical fouls (15), KMart was tied for 9th (11) and Billups was tied for 14th (10). Volatile group and then you add J.R. Smith to the mix. Carlisle should consider ways to get under their skin and then stand back.....Maybe having Hollins guard KMart would work.

Last edited by purplefrog; 04-29-2009 at 05:07 PM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote