Thread: Kidd Talk
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 11:17 PM   #58
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

This is yet another reason why the trade was horrible. What if Kidd doesn't re-sign? Then we're pretty much f*cked. It's obvious that if we're going to have any chance of keeping him, we're going to have to overpay to do it. If it hadn't been for that stupid, moronic, suicidal trade, we'd have no such questions at point guard.

And don't get me wrong, cowgirl. Kidd has played well this year, and I give him all the credit in the world for that. But a first-round win against a Ginobili-less Spurs team doesn't change the fact that that idiotic desperation trade made us older, slower, and much less potent offensively. I think if we hadn't made that trade, we'd still only be one or two pieces away from being in the finals again. After the trade I can't even imagine getting back into title contention without landing a superstar. Even a Gasol-type trade wouldn't be enough now. It would take an all-NBA first team caliber player at either the 2 or 5 spots. Short of landing a Dwyane Wade, or a Dwight Howard, I don't see us being a 60+ win team again.

And on a different note, I still say Cleveland is much better off without Kidd. Taking the ball out of LeBron's hands is the dumbest thing you could possibly do. The need a 2 that can play defense and shoot the 3, not another ball-handler.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 04-29-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote