Thread: Kidd Talk
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 11:32 AM   #64
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Well, I can agree with the connections with Kobe and Lebron and etc. But Kidd has said he doesn't want to be a rent a player or just ride the coattails. He's also said this is a business, if he said "I'm just going for the ring" then yeah, I can see him leaving when he gets the chance to go to LA or Cleveland and just forget the fact he can maybe get at least twice the money with Dallas and a decent shot at a run. He wants a multi-year deal and he wants the money he thinks he deserves. That was his gripe in NJ, he saw other guys getting money but when it came to Kidd he never got it...so he wanted out. The still puts Dallas in a position of strength in the negotiations.
I don't blame Kidd complaining about that while being stuck in NJ. Put him on the Lakers, though, and I don't think he sings the same tune. This could really go either way but there is legitimate reason to be concerned.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote