Thread: Free Agents
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 03:43 PM   #9
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness View Post
I would love if we were able to get Raymond Felton.
I believe this is a very real possibility. If the Mavs decide to offer their full MLE to Felton, I doubt the Bobcats match. The Mavs could also make it into a S&T by sending them Stackhouse & cash, so that it's a total wash for the 'Cats (or even profitable) while the Mavs preserve their MLE for someone else.

Is this the best possible use of Stack's contract? No. But if Kidd departs, we need a legit starting PG, and if we could land Felton with Stack, and Artest with the MLE, I like our team a lot.

Felton/Barea/Terry
Artest/Terry/Wright
Howard/Artest/Singleton
Dirk/Bass/Singleton
Damp/Hollins/Bass

Here's another idea (though not actually a free agent):
Kidd leaves. The Wizards land the #2 pick and take Rubio, and start dangling Arenas. We get him for Stackhouse + Carroll--essentially, nothing. Do you do it?
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote