Thread: The Swine Flu
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 09:27 PM   #34
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

OHMIGOSH! I get closing the schools...kind of. If it saves one child's life then that's fantastic. Children and the eldery are the ones who tend to have complications as a result of viruses like this. So great. Let's protect the kids. I think some of the measures taken are too drastic, but again, if a child is saved then great! BUT, things have gone too far. I took the year off from teaching to stay home with my baby. Unfortunately, he is one expensive son-of-a-gun, so I must return to teaching this fall. With the economy as it is, there are an awful lot of people out there trying to get only a handful of openings. Monday was going to be a big day for me. It held so much promise! A job fair was going to be held at the Arlington Convention Center, and representatives from approximately 60 school districts were going to be there. Instead of attending 10 different job fairs, I was only going to have to go to one. Fantastic! After subbing a group of crazy 5th graders today, I hopped in my car to pick up the kid. At a red light, I decided to check my email on my Blackberry. And THIS is what I find:

Quote:
In response to state and county health service warnings and to error onthe side of caution the NCTASPA Job Fair scheduled for Monday May 4, 2009 has been canceled and will not be rescheduled for this year
SERIOUSLY?!?! The world has gone mad. I just don't get it.

/rant off

(if you made it this far, I apologize for the wordiness. I just had to get that off my chest. I feel a bit better now.)

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote