View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 06:32 PM   #36
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Someone said the disparity in fouls/FT was due to athleticism.

That simply is not true . The Nuggets are indeed one of the best in league at getting to line, and Mavs are one of the worst. But 36-13? Nugs average 30 FT per game, and give up 27 FT per game. They hack... A LOT. Personally I believe Dirk deserved 6 more free throw attempts.

Also Mavs shot PLENTY of free throws in the regular season v Nugs if I recall correctly. That's the only reason we were in it until final minute last game w/o Kidd/JHo despite shooting 35%.

People said we need to drive to hole more. I don't buy that, the Mavs shot 49% for the game so all things considered, when they weren't turning the ball over incessantly, the offensive was efficient. And well, does it make a difference howoften Mavs attacked the hole? Stats indicate this Crawford guy has a vendetta against the Mavs!

Furthermore I believe Dirk WAS driving to the hole, getting hit, and the fouls didnt get called!

How else would the Nuggets accumulate 11 blocks anyway? (or somethin like that). Mavs aggression offense was not an issue, only 1 of those blocks, to my knowledge, came off a jumper.

So it is somewhat of a double edged sword when attacking basket v Nugs due to their amazing shot blocking presences.

All I can say is cut down on the turnovers, hit jumpers. Let the chips fall where they may

Last edited by ghazi; 05-04-2009 at 06:34 PM.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote