View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 06:22 AM   #25
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNugs View Post
I think it will have little or no effect...

I think the fine was well deserved...he gave Dirk a hard foul in an attempt to change up the pace...and looking back...it worked.
That's not the point.

The point is that Kenyon Martin stated that he was going to have to play tough on Dirk this series. Grab him, push him, hold him...I can go get the quote if you'd like, although I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Despite an arguably "premeditated" attempt to mess Dirk off his game with hard and/or flagrant fouls, the refs did little to call the game differently. If anything, especially after the foul, the referees called the game more physically. That just doesn't make any sense...

There were times when Denver played good defense, but overall, Denver was allowed to make a ton of contact on Dirk. And if on defense, we were allowed to make a ton of contact too, I'd be OK with that. But we were called several times for touch fouls. Technically, I'm sure what we were doing was against the rules and a foul, but you can't call a foul only by definition when the other team is getting away with plenty more on the opposite end.

Anyway...didn't Karl admit that while he didn't think his defenders fouled Dirk on his shot, that they may have fouled him off the ball? He did, and I'll get the quote out if you want it. Karl's idiocy is showing here: an off-ball foul is a foul nonetheless, and the referees should have called them when they happened. Karl is acting like off-ball fouls shouldn't matter, or as if he knows the refs won't call it. Hmm...

But when the opposite coach admits that his team might have fouled some, you know the game was reffed pretty bad.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote