View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 01:34 AM   #807
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
"hindsight" might also be called "review" and plenty of people on this board had a better bead on the game than Carlisle.
But they're not the same thing. Review (at least a fair review) is evaluating a person's actions in light of the information available to him at the time. Hindsight is evaluating a person's actions with the benefit of information he didn't have at the time.

The information available to Rick at the time was that the bench had played VERY well tonight, amassing over 30 points by halftime. You still may think it wasn't worth the risk of losing the lead, and that wouldn't be unreasonable. I disagree, because I think that's outweighed by the need to agree to a request by your superstar for two minutes of rest, but your point is still a reasonable one. All I'm saying is that Rick's decision wasn't to let Dirk sit with any certain knowledge that it wouldn't even matter by the time he came back in.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 05-06-2009 at 01:35 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote