View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 01:44 AM   #27
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Again, I can't say I'm surprised. The Nuggets are just better than the Mavs. I'm honestly fine with it at this point. I really could not be more pleased with the way the season has played out. I went through most of the season dreading a first-round ass whomping from the Lakers. We not only managed to win the first series, but we did it against the Spurs, and in only 5 games too. Knocking their smug asses out is almost worth losing to Denver.
Unfortunately, this seems to be the same loser mentality engrossing the entire roster not named Dirk. "We've exceeded expectations. Let's call it a day."

I don't believe that, when both teams are completely healthy, the Nuggets are vastly superior to the Mavs. Take away Nene or Billups and how good are the Nuggets? Same goes for the mavs. Same went for the Spurs. Take away a top 3 rotational player and just what do you expect?

The Nuggets did what they were supposed to do. Maybe the Mavs do the same. Maybe they don't. But, hell, it's not impossible. It all starts with guard play, though. Dirk can't do it all himself.

Carlisle has GOT to come up with something better, offensively, than isolating Terry at the 3 pt line for basically a quarter and ignoring Dirk. Dirk went what seemed like a full quarter without getting the ball. To this day I'll NEVER understand how any supposed good coach would NOT get his best player the ball for even 3 consecutive possessions. It's beyond the height of stupidity.