View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 02:00 AM   #30
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark View Post
Unfortunately, this seems to be the same loser mentality engrossing the entire roster not named Dirk. "We've exceeded expectations. Let's call it a day."

I don't believe that, when both teams are completely healthy, the Nuggets are vastly superior to the Mavs. Take away Nene or Billups and how good are the Nuggets? Same goes for the mavs. Same went for the Spurs. Take away a top 3 rotational player and just what do you expect?
Well, forgive me for having a loser mentality, but I'm f*cking ecstatic that they got to the second round at all. I thought they looked about average for most of the season. And to answer your question, if you take away Nene, the Nuggets are still better then the Mavs. Not Billups, but Nene, yes I think so.

And frankly I don't see this mentality you're speaking of on the team. They don't look demoralized to me. They just look outclassed. Maybe the Nuggets aren't "vastly" superior to the Mavs, maybe they are, I don't know. Just how vastly is vastly? Vastly or no, they are a superior team.

Quote:
The Nuggets did what they were supposed to do. Maybe the Mavs do the same. Maybe they don't. But, hell, it's not impossible. It all starts with guard play, though. Dirk can't do it all himself.
I agree that it starts with guard play, but the problem is their guards are better than ours. Our backcourt has been a weak spot on this roster for several years now.

Quote:
Carlisle has GOT to come up with something better, offensively, than isolating Terry at the 3 pt line for basically a quarter and ignoring Dirk. Dirk went what seemed like a full quarter without getting the ball. To this day I'll NEVER understand how any supposed good coach would NOT get his best player the ball for even 3 consecutive possessions. It's beyond the height of stupidity.
And yet it happens year after year after year with this team. Who knows, maybe it's not the coach's fault after all, maybe I was too hard on Avery. Last year at least we had a point who could break the defense and get into the paint, but oh well, I know nobody wants to hear about that again. My point is that the personnel around Dirk is not nearly good enough to make good use of his talents.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 05-06-2009 at 02:03 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote