View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 08:22 AM   #49
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Josh is hurt, Kidd is playing like he's 50, Jet is playing mediocre, and Dirk is playing awesome.

Feels like last year's playoffs, except Josh was just horrible, not hurt.

I've said it all year, and I'll say it again: The NBA is about matchups. The Spurs were the perfect matchup for these Mavs, and I think Denver is arguable the very worst matchup for them. Everyone (including me) was talking about Kidd having a good series because he doesn't have to chase around a quick PG, but Denver's stunning advantage in length and athleticism has completely neutered him. Kidd drove into the lane last night, got three feet from the rim and was so scared to put it up he threw a desperation pass out and it went into the back court. It was stunning.

Our only chance for competition from here on out is for Josh to get enough rest and treatment during this three day break to come back at a level close to where he was the last series. Because if he's out, as BG noted, Carlisle just doesn't have enough buttons to push.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote