View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 02:50 PM   #82
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktruth View Post
Dallas is just out-manned. They have 3 scoring options: Dirk, Josh, and Terry. Everyone else just needs to play perfect basketball.

Denver's team profile is to produce turnovers by covering the passing lanes. That works against teams that require matchup advantages, like the Mavs. They don't double team, they just jam the passing lanes. That's also a great way to beat a point guard who can't score.

Dallas can't win this series, especially if Josh isn't playing. Let's face it, the first game was close for 3 quarters because Carmelo was on the bench. '

At home, the Mavs can win, but without Josh Howard? Come on. I hope I'm wrong, but I see this thing going 4-1 nuggets at best.
And two of those scoring options are seriously flawed. JET is almost exclusively a jumpshooter.. When he's on, he's very good, but he does run more hot and cold than a true scorer. He's a shooter. When the jumpshot isn't falling, he doesn't do the other things to make up for that. He doesn't post up.. He rarely takes the ball to the rim. He doesn't have a mid range game.

With Josh, well.. he's 'injured'. And, even though he had a very solid serious against the Spurs, he's still a mental midget as far as I'm concerned. He's still a guy that you just don't know where his head is going to be. I hope he's growing out of that. He is showing some signs, but I'm not ready to say he's an intelligent ball player by any stretch at this point.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote