View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 05:16 PM   #190
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Just stop it. Gerald Green sucks.

Period.

Let it go.
Gerald Green has is young, athletic, and has a lot of potential. Like, starter potential.

How many Mavericks can you name like that? Hollins? I don't see Hollins as ever becoming a starter. He's a Birdman type bench player.

Singleton? Good bench player, but never much more than a 7th-9th man off the bench.

Bass and Barea won't vary much from what they are now (and is Barea really "athletic"?).

Maybe Wright can be a viable starter if he ever gets a three point jump shot.

Now, you tell me why we need young, athletic players who could develop into starters? Hmm. Let's see, exhibit A: We are not athletic. Exhibit B: Our starters (I will include JET in this category) average age is over 30. 31.8 to be exact. Sounds like we're going to need some new talent coming up. Exhibit C: See above...we do not have hardly any starter-caliber potential players who make up our bench.

This is why we need Gerald Green. Granted, you may not think he is starter caliber, but I point you to his days in Boston, were he was a regular rotation member and was penciled in as a starter a couple years down the line. I point to the way he has played when he's actually gotten minutes. I simply point to his raw athleticism...he may not play great defense now, but are you telling me an athlete of LeBron James caliber (Ok, ok, that's a little overrating him. But still, he's an incredible athlete) cannot be taught defense? Cannot be taught passing? Cannot be taught rebounding?

If you believe in our coaches, then you should have every reason to believe in Gerald Green. Not as the next LeBron. Not as the next Andre Igoudala, even, or the next Brandon Roy or whatever. Not as a NBA All-team or an All-Star. Just as a guy who has the potential to become our starting SG for the next 5 or 6 years. The potential.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote