View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 10:24 AM   #506
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
In fairness, I actually thought Fazekas could contribute as well. I thought Big Baby would probably be a better choice -- mostly because I had just a month prior watched him and Tyrus Thomas singlehandedly eliminate UT from the Elite 8 -- but I wasn't completely down on Fazekas.

Unfortunately, not only did Big Baby pan out, but Fazekas completely didn't.
At this point there’s no question about which is the better player but Fazekas would have been the better fit. We could still use another shooter.

As far as Davis I’m not sure where he’d play for us. For that matter where would he play for the Celtics if Garnett was available? He's too slow to guard 3's and since he doesn't have Bass' athleticism I'm not sure we could play him at the 5 the way we do Bass. As bad as the Dirk/Bass front line is defensively Dirk/Davis could be even worse.

Still, you have to give the kid credit for having the grawls to take and knock down big shot after big shot in the playoffs.

BTW, are you ready to admit that Rick Adleman is a good coach yet .