View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 03:40 PM   #277
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, just finished the series - this definitely ranks as one of my favorite TV dramas of all time (I'm a sucker for good sci-fi.)

I attempted to talk to folks on BSG forums, but I don't think a majority of people who watched this show understood what the hell it was about (I guess the concept of cyclical time was too difficult to follow - they got bored after the second season!)

I think the religious aspect of BSG also turned people off because they didn't understand that the show was a reflection of the ENTIRE human experience, spirituality/religion included (the Cylons attacked and admired every aspect of our being.)

In the end, the show boiled down to what it really means to be human (which kinda sucks for me because I'd been developing a screenplay that used cyclical time to reflect human nature and now I have to abandon that idea since it's WAY too similar...... great minds think alike?)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-29-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote