View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 09:16 PM   #32
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddh33 View Post
This is a huge offseason for the franchise.

I don't know if they can land a big fish this summer. I am very skeptical. I do think some things ought to be out there though, and I think Mark is going to have to do something to keep and rekindle fan interest. Like Erica, I find myself losing more and more interest in the team right now.

The team has to find a point guard. There are no ifs about it. They have to address this position, not only because it was the problem position, but because it ended up adversely affecting everything else.

This franchise looks like it is going to need Dirk to continue to be a stud for the next couple of years, and I don't think he can do it without a point guard to make his life easier. He isn't going to create off the dribble anymore the way that he used to, and he shouldn't have to. You have to get a facilitator. That players needs to be able to defend, as well, since the team had so much trouble with that this season. I am also a big believer in a point guard being able to go one-on-one and score when needed to. If I had to pick a position to get a star, this is the position I would want.

I think getting a point guard makes everything else work better too. A point guard helps Dirk, but he also helps a guy like OJ Mayo. I don't see Mayo as anything more than a third or fourth option, but I think he is a valuable player. If he comes back next season, a legit point guard could do wonders for him.

At this moment, I think Mayo will be back too. He seems to have responded to Rick, and I think his overall game has improved this season, even as his scoring has gone down.

Get a point guard and go from there though.
A sleeper pg who I like is Eric Maynor. 2013-2014 wiil be his second year after his injury. He is someone to watch for the rest of the year playing behind Lillard in Portland. He was really a good player in OKC but he was behind Westbrook.
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote