View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 07:58 PM   #92
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
The 14 point interception and the record number of personal fouls begs to differ. I think the Cards didn't get in gear soon enough and made too many mistakes. Certainly the Steelers "took it" on that last, excellent drive of theirs, but I thought Arizona could have had it had they been just a little more disciplined.

I felt bad for Warner. Several times you could tell he was looking at his guys thinking "WTF are you guys doing?"
I think the penalties were an issue but the Steelers started to balance that out in the second half and the safety helped, plus a pretty substantial no call was made on Harrison who flat out decked a guy who was on his knees during...a punt I think.

I'll agree though that Arizona really didn't get rolling fast enough. But they DID figure it out and got rolling. Plus that 14 point swing would definitely break the spirit of most teams. It didn't for Arizona, they only got stronger after it.

If you were a team that was pretty much considered wasted space 4-6 weeks before and not considered in the same league as the Steelers and took them to the limit...you didn't blow it and you've upped your value.