Thread: Palin Myths
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 01:03 PM   #36
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

There may be some hyperbole there but I think because half of her fame and press is about her looks vs. her credentials, which remains as void as ever. Just look at this thread. Nobody takes her seriously as a politician or as a leader but as a piece of milfy ass? Sure! Unless things change alot, if she were to be elected, I believe it would promote or re-enforce the belief women get to where they are via self-promotion (creating controversy) and physical beauty rather than the gray stuff between their ears.

I am not big on politics in general so I can't produce a long list of more qualified candidates but as far as the process of evening the field, getting someone like Condi Rice into the White House, for example, would increase the chances of getting more smart and credential/accomplishment-based women into prominent lawmaking positions than electing Palin.

I may be completely wrong. Maybe just getting the first one in the door is all that counts.

But I may be completely right. Has the leadership at the state positions in Alaska shifted more female post-Palin? (small sample I know but what else do we have?).

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote