View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #44
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I'm actually with SMC 100% here. The "poor Dirk" thing isn't doing much for me (although sike's comment was far, far less bothersome than the ones suggesting that Dirk has an excuse for poor play because of things Cuban has done).

I wish he had a better team around him, but he doesn't. It's his responsibility to still give maximum effort. He gets paid $20M/year to do exactly that.
Which is why I honestly laugh at everyone advocating we should try to trade the German. A) the entire notion of not wanting him to spend every year of his NBA career here is utterly insidious. B) no one would take him at his current contract, until he starts producing like an all-star again (which I fully expect him to do, unlike many people). Every year Dirk is on this team we should be pushing for the playoffs, because simply put, anything can happen. I mean we won a championship with a 75 year old Peja, 63 year old J-Kidd, and a 5 foot point guard who thought he was Kobe. I have full faith that we will see an extremely competitive Mavs team next year, if not after the all-star break this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote