Thread: Kandi a Wolf
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2003, 01:49 AM   #6
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kandi a Wolf

We'll just have to see about this business...

In my opinion, we burned our own off-season, and helped create a potential Laker Juggernaught, by pursuing the bleeding kidneys of Alonzo Mourning at the cost of spurning Big Karl Malone (who told Eddie Sefko in late June that the Mavs were at the top of his very short list of free-agency destinations), and have thus essentially scuttled any chance that we had of greatly improving our roster this off-season...

I wouldn't have minded seeing former #1 pick Kandi man claim the chance to make inroads into the Raef-Bradley PT for the MLE, and last year Rasho may well have pumped up his FA value by excelling in gathering his 6.5 rpg playing alongside the most talented PF in the league Garnett (Duncan calls himself a center), but I just don't think that these guys are going to do much to improve the dumb Wolves or accidental-champ-Spurs next season...

Rasho will be a disastrously over-paid, and under-talented replacement for Hall-of-Famer David Robinson, and Olowokandi is an underachieving gamble, desperately scrambling to succeed in a cash-grab before he becomes an Ike Austin-Oliver Miller caliber FA...

While Kandi may turn out to be a pretty good aquisition for the Wolves, I really can't imagine him fitting in well with our Mavs' offensive system. Furthermore, I imagine that he would provide a greatly inferior shot-blocking and rebounding presence in Dallas, especially when compared to Bradley, and his only advantages over Raef lay in the realm of FG% and a slight advantage in his rebounding commitment...

I'll say it again: Rasho is an overrated spare, spare, spare.... and Olowokandi fans might be able to dream that he will have some potential upside development in his future, but unfortunately he has already taken an step or two forward on his ignominious path of marching towards earning the distinction of being one of the worst #1 picks in the history of the NBA...