View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 01:32 AM   #169
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Just got back from Atlanta. Where to start? Oh Hotlanta, you truly are the dirty dirty.

1. Hawks fans are jerks and just plain rude. Twice we had to argue with a group over the location of THEIR seats. We were in our seats and group of six Hawks fans tried to take our seats from us. The first time was ok, but when they came back even more agitated and started shouting at us, I got very pissed off. I don't put up with that crap, I got the usher and they got shown to the exit. (Not actually sure they were kicked out, but they didn't bother us again.)

2. I don't think anyone at the game noticed Kidd's stats. Most were just floored by Dirk's 37 points. At one point some guy shouted something like, "Hey Dirk, it's about time you go to the bench, stop scoring dammit."
In fact it wasn't until my wife pointed out Kidd's stats that I even noticed what a game he had played.

3. I am pretty sure the girls sitting next to us were strippers. They smelled of Love's "Baby Soft", looked kinda skanky, and were women from Atlanta, so probably strippers.

4. Lenox Square Mall is still way overpriced, and when did Patty La'Belle get her own line of pillowtop comforters?

5. Celebrity sightings? You Betcha!!! While Jay-z had a concert the next night, he didn't attend the game. However I am pretty sure I saw his manicurist and the guy who played Benson (same guy). Also in attendance none other than Kool (and the Gang wasn't present, as gangs aren't allowed in Phillips Arena) and his beautiful date Sheila E.

6. The strippers and their boyfriends (pimps?) left after the fourth quarter. Guess they knew something the rest of us didn't. Shame they missed the offensive might of the Hawks. In fact, when Joe Johnson connected with those first overtime points, with a minute left, the crowd roared with jubilation. In fact all us Mavs fans still in the building gave a standing ovation.

Overall. It was a fun experience and, with the stadium nearly filled to two thirds capacity, it was almost like being at an actual game.