View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 03:57 AM   #110
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
While I think both JJ and Iggy are better players than Butler, and would be better fits on the team as well, I can agree with the sentiment that if Caron is the price of either of those two you've still got more work to do.
No question about it. Iguodala or Johnson aren't all that much better than Butler. What concerns me about Joe Johnson is that he clearly tends to be worse in the playoffs than during the regular season. He only shot 38.7%, 41.7% and 40.9% from the field in the last three postseasons. I know that field goal percentage isn't everything, but that almost sounds like a Terry-esque pattern and this very pattern is one of the main reasons why we experienced yet another first-round exit. With the exception of Dirk, how many times have we seen players like Jet or Josh or Damp and now Marion or Kidd underachieve during the playoffs? One could argue that Johnson would benefit from playing next to Dirk, however, his numbers hardly indicate that he is a true superstar. Shooting 38.7% isn't even worthy of a second banana.

Sacrificing Butler for LeBron or Wade would be a no-brainer. If we had to do the same in order to get Iggy or Johnson, then we'd better have another impact player on his way to Big D.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote