Thread: Carbon Guilt
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 10:12 AM   #7
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
hmm, a bit of class warfare here?

the size of gore's electricity bill (those typically are not public info btw) shouldn't make any difference to the issue at hand.....reducing our emissions.

listen to the message and stop beating up the messenger.
The problem is that sometimes the message and the messenger can't be disentangled in the public's eye. Interstingly enough, according to one report Gore's utility company uses renewable energy and he is in the process of installing solar panels into his mansion. Nonetheless, his past history makes him a messenger without much credibility even if he happens to have much of the story right this time. I am not convinced global warming is armageddon, but I do think that carbon emissions should be addressed. Unfortunately in order to get people's attention you have to speak in a shrill voice and speak in catastrophic terms. Otherwise no one is going to move on this issue. In the end I will not be surprised if Gore has a negative effect on all of this... Why? Because he is Al Gore.