Thread: Tough question
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2004, 01:13 PM   #24
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Tough question

Little history note was that the US declared war on Japan because of Peal Harbor. The US declared war on Germany after Germany declared war on us. However we could didn't have to committ as many soldiers and resources as we did to Western Europe until we finished with Japan. But for the save of saving Europe we did. We could have tried to force a conditional surrender from Germany without the Normandy invasion, but it would have left much of Europe in Hitler's hands including your country.

And we were at war with Germany in practically all manner except officially long before Pearl Harbor. You could hardly call the US position neutral and keep a straight face. We did however heighten our committment to the war after Pearl Harbor. Part of the reason why were were slow to act was a policy of isolationism. Now you ask us to go back to that. Even more you ask us to ignore an attack on our country which makes Pearl Harbor pale by comparison.

I do find you denial of the threat of communism as not being valid. I guess it's real easy to dismiss threats when you have someone else willing to bleed and die for you freedom. Just what do you think would have made Western Europe so vastly different from Eastern Europe? And what was the difference from Hitler roling over you and then Stalin doing the same?

Most European's are so damn grateful for America, which by the way fed a huge part of Western Europe after the WWII in addition to military assistance, that they'd prefer to back a mass murdering dicator than support us in our conflict against him. Why? Because you just really like sticking it to the biggest kid on the block I would guess.

I think that we did you a major disservice by saving your butts. You are so damn spoiled and live in an ivory tower world with no conception of the blood and sacrifice that are necessary to pay for a free society. Why? Because for the most part you had it given to you and didn't have to fight for it. You're like the spoiled rich kid who doesn't appreciate those who have to work to support his oppulance.