View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 02:21 PM   #85
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Go look through the shot info at Hoopdata.

I just think we're losing site of the whole point of this offseason a little bit. Arguing about which style is best has some merit, but the bottom line is that this team needs a true second star. A true OFFENSIVE second star. Joe Johnson is an offensive stud that creates offense himself, passes well, and scores in multiple ways.

Andre Iguodala is not a creator of offense. He's a very nice player in his own right, no doubt. And if we didn't already have Marion, Iguodala might be the logical choice because of what he brings defensively. But Joe Johnson would bring much more of what this team needs.
That's true but I'm just looking at what he's done in the playoffs as of late. Honestly, the regular season doesn't do jack for me anymore. I said the Mavs basically need to take the Spurs approach and just find your way into the playoffs and conserve your studs. He has been atrocious in this series and had 2-3 poor shooting games against a good defense in Milwaukee and they were short-handed. I am agreeing Joe Johnson is a solid player but calling him a home run is debatable. He definitely isn't helping his cause right now.

edit: the stats do suggest he has versatility. I'm not a JJ-hater, don't get me wrong. It's just I'm concerned with his ability to disappear and go into jump-shooting mode when things get tough. The playoffs are definitely leaving a bitter taste in them mouth.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 05-09-2010 at 02:27 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote