Thread: 2020 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 10:56 PM   #278
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
https://youtu.be/QTPE2POgibE

That stroke looks clean to me. Very consistent release. I don't think he will have any issues.

As far as athleticism goes, he's just not a shifty little guard like Maxey or Lewis. He's bulkier, like 20 lbs of muscle bulkier but he CAN get up when he wants to. I've seen him posterize defenders especially catching lobs.

I don't think he is as agile as Desmond Mason was but he's by far a better shooter and defender. He is relentless off the ball too, reminds me a lot of Ray Allen.

Admittedly I'm biased because TCU and I got to watch all the games. Surprising to see how much he shot up the draft boards but after watching many other projected 14-25 picks, I don't see any guarantees, including him but imo he does fit our needs. 2 way player that's a knockdown shooter is definitely one of them.
I like Bane, not trying to run him down. Just think there are legit questions about who and how well he’ll guard and his length. I think they are working out the kinks in his shot; in the video you shared you can see him dip down sometimes more than others, sometimes not at all. In the other highlights I’ve seen he almost cocks it before he lifts to shoot.

If given a choice I think I would take Kira, Precious, Saddiq, Hampton, Nesmith and Terry ahead of him. Maybe Maxey and Jalen Smith. He’s in the tier with Tyler Bey, Tre Jones, Josh Green, Cole Anthony, Quickley.

Last edited by mac222b; 10-23-2020 at 10:58 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote