View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 08:36 AM   #6
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Questionable three way - Dal/LA/Sac

IMO, Odom would come off the bench as the 4/5 combo. He would still get 30 a night, but just not start. And Walton, I think, would be just a filler -- energy role player -- I wouldn't expect him to figure into the lineup as a regular rotation guy.

I can understand the Sac not moving Peja, but if Peja states he is leaving, and Sac doesn't want Artest because of the baggage, then getting 2 youngs with potential might be appealing to them.

IMO; this is how the lineups should shake out....if this trade were to happen.
For Sac:
Bibby, Butler, Daniels, Thomas, Miller -- with Mobley possible --

For LAL: (much like what Chicago had)
Atkins, Kobe, Peja, Grant, Mihm

For Dallas:
Harris, Stackhouse, Howard, Dirk, Damp --- with a rotation of Terry (1/2), Finley(2/3), KVH (3/4), Odom (4/5). Walton as the 10th, and Bradley and the two young bigs battling for scraps.

Totally conventional starting lineup, with the ability to convert to just about any style of play -- and not have a dramatic drop-off at any position.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote