View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 05:14 PM   #49
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

KG and Dalm-- Of course you have to draw the line somewhere. The government draws lines like these all the time. There are all kinds of environmental and safety regulations on autos, for example. But those autos could always be even safer than they are, for both the users and the environment, if the government felt it necessary to make them so. But at some point they have to draw that line.

As for alcohol, the first attempt to criminalize it didn't ultimately work all that well. Me personally, I tend to place marijuana in alcohol's same category. I can certainly understand the distinction between marijuana and heroin, too. It would never occur to me to think that if heroin use is a criminal act, then marijuana use would have to be as well. Different animals.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote