View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 08:38 PM   #42
some_user86

some_user86 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
I actually think the league would investigate it if Barry went back to the Spurs. Especially if the Spurs were one of those teams calling in crying about Stackhouse and especially because former Spurs assistant, Carlisimo, is involved here.

Stackhouse really raised the awareness level of these kind of deals and I think it's safe to assume that if Seattle does release Barry then there was a pre-arranged deal. Barry is a big expiring contract so for Seattle to let him walk would really not be a move in line with the Seattle franchise, rather it would be a move in line with the Spurs franchise.
Why wouldn't it move in line with Seattle? If they buy him out, they can save 0.5 million dollars, compared to having him sit on the bench for the rest of the year.

I think I've read that the Stackhouse flub actually gave Spurs cold feet on pulling this deal because they were planning on doing the same thing way before Stack had opened his mouth. So, Stack may have screwed the Spurs' pooch as well. I think Phoenix may have made the initial complaints to the league office about an 'unfair' deal.
some_user86 is offline   Reply With Quote