View Single Post
Old 02-05-2021, 07:49 PM   #475
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Thats the hottest take I've ever heard.

1) You're saying he should be LESS professional as a coach and complain to the refs MORE?

2) You're saying that his membership in his professional organization that meets maybe once a month for an hour is making him a worse coach?

I mean, I think Rick may be to old to understand today's NBA and he may not be getting the most out of the mediocre team he has, but he should resign to complain on Luka's behalf more? If anything, he should take leadership as a coach and tell Luka to chill.
Yes, for the most part.

1. I don't accept the premise that to be more assertive with the reffing would necessarily be "less professional". And if he would do so on behalf of his players, then Luka might not feel so compelled to speak out on his own defense on so many no-calls. People don't seem to demean Pop for getting himself thrown out of games over bad calls or lack of calls.

2. Yes, I think that leadership position lurks in the back of his mind during games. In addition to his passivity over really biased reffing, it may also be manifested in his reluctance to use the coach's challenge in situations in which everybody is wondering why he doesn't.

I just don't understand why he's like this, and I can't think of any better possible reason as to why. I'm all ears for another explanation.
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote