View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #41
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Ah, I thought you meant "much better" in comparison to Collison, not to Dojo on the past. Yes, I would say Dojo has looked better. I don't know that I agree with "playing well more often than not", as even last night he had a really rough first half before playing well the second half.

I'm glad that Dojo is starting to look like he might belong on an NBA roster, in some capacity. But I'm not ever going to call for him to finish games or Collison. Collison is still young (he's only a year older than Dojo) and needs those experiences to learn. This isn't a title contender that should be fighting and clawing for every win. Our main goal this season is to figure out who from this temporary core can be built upon long term. Part of that process is allowing Collison to fail and see if he improves.
Well I personally agree that this isn't a title contender, but as long as Dirk is here we need to be clawing for every win to stay in the playoff picture and see what shakes out in the end. If not, why is he here?

I also agree that we need to figure out who can be build upon going forward and that failure along the way is part of the process, but I don't think the first priority is to figure out who is a staple at the cost of losses in tight games.

Get the wins you can even if you have to scratch and claw, and learn the best way to do so until our superhero comes back. If you present RC with, 'if you leave Dojo in the game we finish with a win', he takes that 10/10 times and worries about what Collison learned from it later. (Not saying that would have been the case.)

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote