View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 12:28 AM   #79
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
The numbers also say that Dominic Jones, Dhantay Jones AND Roddy all have a more positive impact on the floor than Mayo.

The numbers also say that Shawn Marion is one of the biggest negative impact players on the team.

We're dealing with a tiny sample size right now, and a team fluctuating without its anchor, and a coach trying to make do while integrating a host of new players.

It is so, so far away it being time to bench Collison that it's not even funny.

I'll give you that DoJo has only played 108 min, Roddy 126, and Dahntay 151, but guys that have played almost 500 minutes-- that is hardly a "tiny sample size". So, no, you can't say that Roddy is better than a player who does have an adequate sample size, but you can say that a guy that has played that many minutes and who actually makes the team worse is a big question mark. Who would be better? I'm not sure we have anyone on the roster-- even if I thought we did, the sample sizes of all our alternates is so tiny.

I just think that we've seen Collison up close and he's little more than an early JJB and I wouldn't want JJB starting next to Dirk either. Early on JJB had no idea how to play in any team offense and at the end all he knew how to do was to look for his own shot, but was a decent spark plug off the bench as long as he was the offense. When he played next to Dirk, it was painful how bad he was at getting it to Dirk in a place that Dirk could use it.

I hope I'm wrong, but I see Collison being a guy like Antoine Walker that is as much as negative as a positive. He can win games some nights on his own, but more often his mistakes and inability to play point are going to kill us.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-27-2012 at 12:30 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote