View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 09:23 AM   #56
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
WTF stat of the first week:

Per:
Gerald Green: 20.97
Antoine Wright: 4.36
Jerry Stackhouse: -4.86

Minutes:
Gerald Green: 11.7
Antoine Wright: 16.3
Jerry Stackhouse: 16.0

Seriously, WTF?
Yeah, it's certainly a reminder that every coach has his weaknesses and idiosyncrasies. I still think he might just be trying to be overly cautious with Green, to make sure he doesn't feel like he's arrived and lost his hunger.

But, it's certainly widely said that Carlisle loves his vets. He played Curry in Detroit at the expense of better players.

I still believe that by the time the rotation settles down, Green will be in and Stack will not unless he starts playing better. But I'm certainly not 100% sure, and that's too bad.

And as DHWS pointed out, Wright has a skill that is not taken into account by PER, that being his defense, which has looked quite solid after the first game of the season. I have no problem with Wright playing or even getting more minutes than Green depending on the matchup. But it's time for Stack to not be in the rotation.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 11-07-2008 at 09:24 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote