View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 09:03 PM   #262
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro
can someone explain the whole nba-nfl network to me?
Are there multiple channels, or just one?
Say for instance, I was watching the cowboys tonight. Since it was on fox and no other games were playing, I assume that it was played nationwide on all fox networks? If not, it would be on this "nfl-network" channel correct?
If so, are there multiple cameras at the stadium for each station? Or does Fox, NBC, ABC, CBS, etc, all get their sound/video from NFL cameras and then just use their own announcers on top of it?
Still confusing to me.
NFL Network and NBA TV are very different in one sense--NFL Network has its own announcers and does exclusive broadcasts, whereas NBA TV doesn't.

For example, the Packers-Cowboys game this year was ONLY broadcast by NFL Network. The announcers were working for the NFL network, and the broadcast was produced entirely by NFL Network.

NBA TV is different. When an NBA game is on NBA TV, it's simply a nationwide "re-broadcast" of the home announcers for the game. So, for example, when the Mavs play at home and it's on NBA TV, the announcers are the Mavs local FSN announcers. The only thing that is different are the on-screen graphics--they change them from the local FSN graphics to the NBA TV ones.

That's a major difference between the NFL and the NBA generally as well. Other than the Simulcast Pats-Giants game a couple weeks ago, NFL games are only ever broadcast by one network. NBA games, however, are often broadcast by both a national network like ESPN and the local networks for the teams who are playing. So for most of the Mavs games on, say, TNT, you can still watch the game on TXA 21 if you're in Dallas. In that case, there are actually up to 3 separate broadcasts--the national network broadcast, and the broadcasts by 2 local networks that cover each respective team.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 01-13-2008 at 09:09 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote