View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 10:37 AM   #38
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Honestly, I don't think either candidate will end up cutting taxes...its a bunch of hooey. You're not going to solve the deficit problem by cutting out earmark programs and neither party has shown interest in making major cutbacks to government entitlement programs (and really, at times like this, what entitlement programs are you going to cut?) Both candidates support cutbacks in military spending, but how realistic is that while we're still funding a war?

I'd almost have more respect for one of them if they said, "Guess what, we're totally f**ked right now and there's not much I can do about it." At least it would be honest.
When is the last time you saw an honest politician?

That oxymoron is bigger than "military intelligence".

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote