View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 11:13 AM   #36
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
This country is also one that can't pay its bills. We are running up massive deficits and have a staggering national debt.

How long do you think that can continue, while everybody just enjoys the fruits of his own labor?

What is happening now is that everyone, poor and rich alike, are enjoying the fruits of someone else's money.
I didn't ask for all that spending - very little of it, if any, was on my behalf. I was against most, if not all of it. I'm not responsible for that debt. I'm also not enjoying a DIME of someone else's money. The only federal service I use is the highway and my slice of the active military missions in Iraq & Afghanistan. I'm not using troops in Germany, subsidized ANYTHING, or Social Security, but I'm sure paying for it.

Specifics, chum, specifics. Making the income tax more progressive doesn't solve the spending problem, it creates more spending.

Last edited by Rhylan; 10-14-2008 at 11:13 AM.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote