Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 11:03 AM   #266
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I actually see the total opposite of this. If we were the 7th seed, then we NEED Brunson just to stay relevant. That's not the team now. We were still the 5th seed when Brunson was a nice 12 ppg backup pg two seasons ago who didn't show up in the playoffs.

Again, I want to keep Brunson at basically any cost, but I don't see the logic on it setting us so far back if he walks. Losing the future trade trip would be the biggest loss, but we weren't exactly a peasant team before his emergence.

Brunson was middling vs Phx and GS as well. I don't know if we're having this conversation on how badly we need him if it wasn't for the Jazz series. And yes, we don't even make it out of the first round without him. I just don't think we're back to the dark ages if he goes to NY.

I have every confidence in Nico to pivot to something else.
There?s nothing to pivot to since they?re already at the cap without JB