Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 04:19 PM   #278
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Precisely. If this were the Mavs of a couple of seasons ago that was struggling just to make the 7th seed, I might be more receptive to letting Brunson walk in the hopes of making better moves in the future. But the Mavs just made the conference finals. This team is ready to contend NOW. Now is exactly the time to overpay to keep the team together. Especially with the Wood trade. This is one of the two or three best teams in the conference. We could very well end up in the finals. I'm not saying it's likely, but it's very possible. Losing Brunson now would be a huge step backwards and would set us back multiple seasons. Pay him now, worry about the financial implications later.
I agree. And I like Brunson and think he's apart of this teams future but if this front office decided he wasn't....that's fine. But I really hope they also believe that they don't have much trade assets to improve this team. When a player becomes available I'd rather have a even overpriced Brunson to bargain with as opposed to hoping someone takes on Hardaway Jr's contract. He can't walk to the Knicks for nothing.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote