View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 10:33 AM   #591
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
After seeing what Phoenix has done this off season and how those moves instantly made them top 4 out west this year I have to admit that fuels some of my frustration with the Mavs.

Sometimes you just have to go for it especially when you have young talent like Luka and KP on the roster already.

Phoenix has Booker and Ayton and they felt like Paul was the guy regardless of his age that could speed up the process to winning right away.

The Mavs seem too content on staying the course with solid guys on the rosters but not guys who will elevate your team to that next level.

I get it cap space is important but sometimes I feel like they rely on cap space waiting on a big fish and they let other quality starting caliber players get away.

It won't shock me at all if James Johnson expiring contract is still on this roster after the deadline.

Guy's like Buddy Hield and Oladipo are probably at all the time low in terms of trade value.

Gordon is obviously going to cost you something but he's a legit starter and impact talent that may be worth losing a guy like Kleber, DFS or THJ.

He just does a multiple of things and you can clearly see if you put in that Powell role offensively in Dallas next to Luka he would turn into a All-Star level type of player with All Defensive team ability.

They will probably end up in the buy out market and come away with the least desirable type of player like they did with MKG from last year.

Yeah when there were rumblings about Oladipo and Lavine.....I really wanted both. Most were scared of the injuries but this is the level of player you need on this team behind Luka.

Kyle Lowry would've also been good.

IF the Mavs would've sucked with Luka for a few years and put some pieces around him I could've got behind that but they missed the chance to build around him with draft picks so now they are kind of stuck in his purgatory where they are fighting for 8th seeds and don't have much trade bait.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote