View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 09:35 PM   #98
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

I'd hardly call signing Barea and letting Mekel go the equivalent of going "all in".

Also I don't think it's a matter of having a guard quick enough to stay with Barea - rarely does he just break his man down solo. I think JJB is just fast enough to force the defense to make choices when defending the pick and roll. During the playoff run he was good enough to take advantage of his opportunities with proper passing and good shots. This "good" has to be taken with the "bad" of his defensive limitations and fortunately in certain situations it really worked to our advantage. Credit Rick for having the smarts and the guts to send him out there and make good use of his skills and credit JJB for delivering when it mattered.

I love having him as a change of pace - used situationally I think he adds a different dimension.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote