View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 09:10 AM   #130
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
I didn't think I could handle it. I have never had the willpower to resist food. It's always been my weakness. But once I got dedicated to make a change, after a while all those urges just went away.
This is, of course, the most important thing. My mom and sister are currently doing a Medi Weight Loss program, which is basically a supervised and controlled Atkins diet. Low-carb or low cal, it bothers me to see people argue over which one works because it's obvious through anecdotal evidence that both can and do. It's just a matter of making the lifestyle change and being committed to doing it.

My sister has a food addiction, and she talks all the time about how much she craves chocolate or pasta or whatever, and it always baffles me, because my mind doesn't work like that at all.

While my diet is, strictly speaking, low-cal, it's not really "high"-carb. I've basically cut out sugar, potatoes, most dairy, and pasta. The only carbs I take in are whole grains (and even then, solely in the morning with my wonderful Kashi cereal) and beans. I still have yogurt, as well, but only Activia (10 net carbs) or the Kroger Carbmaster yogurt (4 net carbs). Usually, I drink Silk almond milk, which is so much better tasting than regular milk, but without the lactose and the acne. I'm probably getting about 50-60g of carbs a day, 30 from breakfast, and another 20-30 depending on what I have for lunch. Usually none from dinner, as that tends to be meat-and-veggies.

The way I see it, I'm limiting myself to, say, 1500 calories a day. I might as well pick the most nutritious diet I can get. That tends to be low-carb, as well. I'm never really in ketosis, though. I've checked.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 10-06-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote